• All TANA Global Science Fair participants will receive participation certificates
• All Qualifying round winners will receive Qualifying winner certificates
• All Semi Finals winners will receive a direct communication with instructions on next steps for Finals
• Special awards for participated schools will be announced in Finals Round
• Special Teacher, Judge and Volunteer awards will be announced in Finals Round
We Sincerely thank all the judges who spent countless number of hours in talking/judging the projects. We recognize students taking the time in answering judges phone calls questions and providing the additional documents/proof we have requested. We understand Science fair experience is a trip to a bigger Goal and destiny. Even though, winning is vital, participating and going through this experience is far more beneficial. We strongly encourage students to stay on Inventing and Think BIG.
We believe Doing a science project provides an opportunity for students to:
- Learn and practice critical thinking, inquiry and investigative skills
- Learn research methods and encourage the development of research techniques - obtain data, maintain a research log or journal, learn graphing and develop conclusions
- Foster creativity and creative thinking
- Develop organizational skills
- Work independently as well as in a group
- Enhance communications skills
- Meet others interested in science research
- Earn credit for academic excellence
The future, it is said, lies in science, mathematics, and technology. For those with the interest, talent, and ability, there are opportunities and exciting careers. It is a future that seeks to improve lives of people, to increase their productivity, to expand their minds, and to enhance their potentials.
Founded in 1977 and incorporated as a non-profit by 1978, TANA (Telugu Association of North America) is one of the oldest and largest Indo-American national-level organizations. Consistent with its charter, TANA is an organization formed to identify and address social, cultural and educational needs of Telugu people.
To discover, empower and encourage science and technology talent in telugu students around the globe, TANA along with media partners EENADU and ETV is launching TANA Global Science Fair -2013 Which is open to telugu students around the world who are studying 6th - 12th Grades with approx. age between 10-18 Years.
TANA believes telugu young minds with the talent in science can change the world—and one way to encourage that is to celebrate and felicitate scientific talent as we do for athletes and pop idols. TANA is providing an opportunity to all telugu students with an idea to participate from anywhere in the world, and share their ideas with the world. Students can build and submit their project—either as a solo or in a team of up to three students—entirely online.